Prospectus: Brushwork 2018
Exhibit dates: August 5 – August 26
Opening reception: Sunday, August 5 (4-6pm)
Entry Procedures and Submission Guidelines
Chair: Judith Katz Co-chair: TBD Judge: Elizabeth Agresta
Who: Rowayton Arts Center Exhibiting Members
What: Traditional brushwork in acrylic, oil or watercolor; No collage elements or non-brush applied media may be used.
Theme: Open theme
Number of submissions: Two works per artist
Fees: $20/1; $35/2. Cash or check. Fees waived for Art Angels.
Receiving Dates: Monday, July 30 (4-7pm) and Tuesday, July 31 (11am-2pm)
Pick up Dates: Monday, August 27 (4-7pm) and Tuesday, August 29 (11am-2pm)
Storage space is extremely limited. Please pick up your work on time. Thank you.
• All two dimensional work must be dry and framed, with the following exceptions: canvases with an edge of 1.25” or more and wood or metal panels or mounted artwork with a width of .75” or more may be unframed. All artwork must be ready to hang. No sawtooth hangers.
• Museum edge canvases must have clean edges and no visible staples.
• For plexi-mounted art, picture hangers attached to the back frame structure are acceptable.
• Work must be original, completed within last three years and not exhibited at RAC before. No giclees, other than for photography.
• No renderings or copies of other artist’s work.
• Two dimensional art may not exceed 40” in height or length, including frame.
• Three dimensional art may not exceed 3’ x 3’. The artist must provide an appropriate base and be available to assist with the installation.
• Photographs of artwork may be used for publicity for the exhibitions. Please take a photo of your work before it is under glass to ensure that the photo does justice to it. It is extremely hard to take good photos of work in the gallery conditions, particularly when it is under glass. You retain all rights to your work.
• Chairperson’s discretion: the chairperson may refuse any entry on the grounds or poor condition, oversize or unsuitability.
• Sales: All artwork must be for sale. RAC will collect a commission of 30% on all sales.
• Liability: Entries will be handled with all possible care, but artists submitting work agree to hold harmless the Rowayton Arts Center, their agents and employees from any claim of damage or theft that might arise from any cause Artists should arrange for proper insurance coverage for their work. Entry to the show constitutes agreement with all of the conditions stated above.
• Waiver for Pictures Taken/Used: We document each RAC exhibition/show with Entry into an exhibition/show at the Rowayton Arts Center constitutes permission to photograph you and/or your artwork, and to use an image of your artwork in promotional materials for the exhibition and for the Rowayton Arts Center.
If you have any questions, please call the Rowayton Arts Center (203) 866-2744 for clarification in advance. For the most up to date information: “Like” us on Facebook (Rowayton Arts Center) and “Follow” us on Twitter (@rowaytonarts).