August 6 to August 27, 2017
Entry Procedures and Submission Guidelines
Chair: Amy Schott Co-chair: Jessica Huse Judge: Nancy Mctaque-Stock
Who: Rowayton Arts Center Exhibiting Members only
What: Traditional brushwork in acrylic, oil or watercolor; No collage elements or non-brush applied media may be used.
Theme: Open theme How Many Works: Two works per Artist
Cash Award: The Walter Brooks Memorial Award – $125.00 for the highest prize in Watercolor.
Fees: $20/1; $35/2. Cash or check. Fees waived for Art Angels.
Receiving Dates: Monday, July 31, 4-7pm and Tuesday, August 1, 11am-2pm.
Opening Reception: Sunday, August 6, 4-6pm
Pick up Dates: Monday, August 28, 4-7pm and Tuesday, August 29, 11am-2pm
Storage space is extremely limited and not ideal.Please be considerate and pick up artwork promptly.
• All two dimensional work must be dry and framed, with the following exception: Canvases. Such canvases must have a minimum edge of 1.25”, must be dry, have clean edges and no visible staples – “Museum Edge.”
• All framed artwork must be ready to hang, USING BRAIDED PICTURE WIRE ONLY, NO EXCEPTIONS. Two dimensional art may not exceed 40” in height or length, including frame.
• Wood or metal panels or mounted artwork with a minimum width of .75” may be unframed, ready to hang. USE BRAIDED PICTURE WIRE ONLY, NO EXCEPTIONS.
• No saw tooth hangers.
• For plexi-mounted art, secure picture hangers attached to the back frame structure are acceptable.
• Work must be original, completed within last three years and not exhibited at RAC before. No Giclees, other than for photography.
• No renderings or copies of other Artists work. No photographs of the artwork of others unless additional elements are included.
• Three dimensional art may not exceed 3’ x 3’. The artist must provide an appropriate base and be available to assist with the installation.
• Work applied to an unusual surface (such as hand-made paper) or collaged elements that are combined to create a substrate will be considered to be within the category of the medium applied to the surface without regard to the surface itself (e.g.watercolor applied to hand-made paper shall be considered watercolor, not Mixed Media.)
RAC Policy Reminder: Waiver for Pictures Taken/Used
We document each RAC exhibition/show with photographs that may be used in the RAC newsletter, web site and other promotional materials. Entry into an exhibition/show at the Rowayton Arts Center assumes permission to photograph you and/or your artwork to use in promotional materials. If you have any questions, please call the Rowayton Arts Center (203) 866-2744 for clarification. For the most up to date information: “Like” us on Facebook (Rowayton Arts Center) and “Follow” us on Twitter (@rowaytonarts).
August 6 to August 27, 2017