October 1 – October 29, 2017
ENTRY PROCEDURES & SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Chair: Milan Chilla Co-chair: Linda Francis Judge: Rosemary Webber
How Many Works: Two works per Artist
Fees: RAC Exhibiting and Supporting Members: $20/1; $35/2; Fees waived for Art Angels. Non-Members: $25/1; $45/2; Cash or check
Receiving Dates: Monday, Sept. 25, 4-7pm and Tuesday, Sept. 26, 11am-2pm
• All two dimensional work must be dry and framed, with the following exception: Canvases. Such canvases must have a minimum edge of 1.25”, must be dry, have clean edges and no visible staples – “Museum Edge.”
• All framed artwork must be ready to hang, USING BRAIDED PICTURE WIRE ONLY, NO EXCEPTIONS.
• Two dimensional art may not exceed 40” in height or length, including frame.
• Wood or metal panels or mounted artwork with a minimum width of .75” may be unframed, ready to hang.
• No saw tooth hangers.
• For plexi-mounted art, secure picture hangers attached to the back frame structure are acceptable.
• Work must be original, completed within last three years and not exhibited at RAC before.
• No Giclees, other than for photography.
• No renderings or copies of other Artists work. No photographs of the artwork of others unless additional elements are included.
• Three dimensional art may not exceed 3’ x 3’. The artist must provide an appropriate base and be available to assist with the installation.
• Work applied to an unusual surface (such as hand-made paper) or collaged elements that are combined to create a substrate will be considered to be within the category of the medium applied to the surface without regard to the surface itself (e.g.watercolor applied to hand-made paper shall be considered watercolor, not Mixed Media.)
RAC Policy Reminder: Waiver for Pictures Taken/Used
We document each RAC exhibition/show with photographs that may be used in the RAC newsletter, web site, social media and other promotional materials. Entry into an exhibition/show at the Rowayton Arts Center assumes permission to photograph you and/or your artwork to use in promotional materials.
If you have any questions, please call the Rowayton Arts Center (203) 866-2744 for clarification. “Like’ us on Facebook and “Follow” us on Twitter (@rowaytonarts) for the most updated information.