From the RAC Studio/ Instructors and Students Show
January 2018 (Receiving Jan 8 & 9, 2018 – see specifics below)
Entry Procedures and Submission Guidelines
Artist’s Eligibility: RAC instructors and those who participated in any weekly class during 2017.
Acceptable Media/Themes: All media, any theme, one work per artist.
Artwork Eligibility: All entries must be original, completed within 2017, and never before exhibited at RAC. No Photo Reproductions, Giclees, etc. Two dimensional entries may not exceed 41 inches in height or width including frame. All work must be dry, framed, wired and ready to hang.
- Museum edge canvases need to have clean edges and no visible
- Museum edge canvases (unframed) are acceptable at a minimum of 1.25″ thickness (changed from 1.5″). This rule applies to CANVAS ONLY. Wood panels, gesso boards, mounted artwork, etc. are acceptable at a minimum depth of .75 inches when not framed.
- For plexi-mounted art, picture hangers attached to the back side frame structure are acceptable.
- “Ready to hang” includes no sawtooth hangers.
If you have any questions, please call RAC for clarification in advance.
- Monday, January 8: 4pm – 7pm
- Tuesday, January 9: 11am – 2pm
Opening Reception: Sunday, January 14: 4pm – 6pm
Exhibition Dates: January 14 – January 28, 2018
Pick Up Work*:
- Monday, Jan 29: 4pm – 7pm
- Tuesday, Jan 30: 11am – 2pm
*Storage fees of $5 per day will be charged for work picked up late. No entry may be withdrawn prior to the close of the exhibition.
Fees, Sales and Liability:
- Fees and number of works: One entry per artist. All entry fees are waived for this exhibit.
- Sales: Artwork does not have to be for sale, but if participants choose to sell their work, RAC will collect a commission of 30%.
- Liability: Entries will be handled with all possible care, but artists submitting work agree to hold harmless the Rowayton Arts Center, their agents and employees from any claim of damage or theft that might arise from any cause what so ever. Artists should arrange for proper insurance coverage for their work. Entry to the show constitutes agreement with all of the conditions stated above.
Waiver for Pictures Taken/Used:
We document each RAC exhibition/show with photographs. Entry into an exhibition/show at the Rowayton Arts Center constitutes permission to photograph you and/or your artwork, and to use an image of your artwork in the RAC e-newsletter, web site and other promotional materials for the exhibition/show.
Chairperson: Suzy Aubrey, RAC Education Director
The exhibition chair may refuse any entry on the grounds of poor condition, oversize, or unsuitability
Rowayton Arts Center
145 Rowayton Avenue, Rowayton, CT 06853 Telephone 203-866-2744