July 9* to July 30th, 2017 *New Date!
Entry Procedures and Submission Guidelines
Chair: Susan Leggitt Co Chair: Marcy Juran Judge: Bill Duffy
Who: Rowayton Arts Center Exhibiting Members only
What: All Media
Theme: Marine and Coastal How Many Works: One work per Artist
Fees: $20/1 Cash or check. Fees waived for Art Angels.
Receiving Dates: Monday, June 26, 4-7pm and Tuesday, June 27, 11am-2pm.
Opening Reception: Sunday, July 2, 4-6pm
Pick up Dates: Monday, July 31, 4- 7pm and Tuesday, August 1, 11am- 2pm
Storage space is extremely limited and not ideal. Please be considerate and pick up on time.
• All two dimensional work must be dry and framed, with the following exception: Canvases. Such canvases must have a minimum edge of 1.25”, must be dry and have clean edges and no visible staples. (Referred as Museum Edge”)
• All framed artwork must be ready to hang, USING BRAIDED PICTURE WIRE ONLY, NO EXCEPTIONS. Two dimensional art may not exceed 40” in height or length, including frame.
• Wood or metal panels or mounted artwork with a minimum width of .75” may be unframed, ready to hang. USING BRAIDED PICTURE WIRE ONLY, NO EXCEPTIONS.
• No saw tooth hangers.
• For plexi-mounted art, secure picture hangers attached to the back frame structure are acceptable.
• Work must be original, completed within last three years and not exhibited at RAC before. No Giclees, other than for photography.
• No renderings or copies of other Artists work. No photographs of the artwork of others unless additional elements are included.
• Three dimensional art may not exceed 3’ x 3’. The artist must provide an appropriate base and be available to assist with the installation.
• Work applied to an unusual surface (such as hand-made paper) or collaged elements that are combined to create a substrate will be considered to be within the category of the medium applied to the surface without regard to the surface itself. For instance, watercolor applied to hand- made paper shall be considered Watercolor, not Mixed Media.
RAC Policies Reminder:
- Photographs of artwork may be used for publicity for the exhibitions.
- Waiver for Pictures Taken/Used: We document each RAC exhibition/show with photographs. Entry into an exhibition/show at the Rowayton Arts Center constitutes permission to photograph you and/or your artwork, and to use the image in promotional materials for the exhibition and for the Rowayton Arts Center.
If you have any questions, please call the Rowayton Arts Center (203) 866-2744 for clarification.