Use of Facilities Policy
The Rowayton Arts Center (RAC) provides its gallery and studio to nonprofit organizations and private individuals as part of its mission of service. The policy for the use of the facility is established by the RAC Board of Directors and is subject to change at any time.
- RAC classes, workshops, programs and exhibitions have priority in the use of the facility.
- The facility is available to nonprofit organizations and private individuals.
- Uses that may disturb regular RAC functions or classes are not permitted.
- Organizations and private renters may use the space a maximum of 4 times per year.
- Hours of scheduling shall include the setup, breakdown and cleanup time necessary.
- Unless waived by the RAC Director or a designated representative, reservations must be made at least one (1) week prior to usage. Reservations may be made by telephone or email.
- The Renter’s room setup needs shall be stated at the time of the application. RAC will determine if its staff or the Renter will be responsible for room setup/breakdown. RAC, with prior notification, can provide a projector, projector table, large pull-down screen, DVD player and small speakers. Operation of the equipment is the responsibility of the Renter.
- Organizations may utilize RAC’s name and address only to indicate the place of the program or event. They may not use advertising and/or publicity implying that the program or event is sponsored by RAC.
- Organizations may not charge admission for the program or event. Nonprofit organizations may charge fees for learning materials or food service, but the event or program must not be used as a fundraiser.
- The Renter (or Responsible Party) must be present at all times in the facility. That person accepts responsibility for the repair or replacement of any damaged items including but not limited to art, facilities or equipment.
- The Renter is responsible for bringing supplies for food service (cups, napkins, etc.) and must remove trash and excess supplies at the conclusion of the rental.
- The Rowayton Arts Center shall not be held liable for any injury sustained or damage related to the use of equipment and/or facilities. The Renter (or Responsible Party) must make attendees aware of this policy.
- The Renter (or Responsible Party) must present a valid Certificate of Insurance that lists RAC as an “additional insured” at the time the Rental Agreement is submitted.
Fees & Cancellation Policies
- Non-profit organization: $40/hour; Private: $50/hour; RAC Member (Studio use): $20/hour
- A 50% deposit will be due at signing with the balance due on the day of the event.
- If the Renter cancels the event at least 48 hours prior to the event, all fees paid will be refunded less a $20 administration fee.
- RAC reserves the right to withdraw previously granted permission for room rental at the discretion of the RAC Board or RAC Director. Should permission be withdrawn, all fees collected will be returned.
Revised by the Rowayton Arts Center Board of Directors October, 2015
For Portside Gallery :Solo Exhibition Opportunities
Interested in your own solo show in RAC’s Portside Gallery?
Availability for Sept.’17 and Feb.’18 during Beyond Brushwork and Photography/Sculpture exhibits.
Here are the guidelines:
- Open to RAC Exhibiting Members only
- Fee: $300
- Your exhibit will be up for the same duration as the Main Gallery exhibit.
- Submit 5 jpeg photos to the committee for review.
- Opening reception may be on Saturday. Artist provides beverages, refreshments.
- Artist(s) will do their own publicity and RAC will include in main gallery exhibit publicity.
- Artist may share the portside gallery with another RAC Exhibiting Member.
Contact Amy Schott for more information: email@example.com
Studio and Gallery Rental Agreement
Renter’s Name: ________________________________________________________
Responsible Party Name (if Renter is an organization): ________________________________________________
Telephone Number(s): ___________________________________________________
Event Date: _______________ Estimated Attendance: _____________
Start Time: __________________ End Time: ______________________
Note: Gallery capacity = 75 Studio capacity = 50
I am applying for the use of the studio ___ gallery ___. I have read and understand the Use of Facilities Policy and agree to its conditions. I agree to be personally and financially responsible for the proper use of the facility and its equipment and keeping it in a good and clean condition. I understand a Certificate of Insurance must be provided to RAC.
Signature: ________________________________Date: _________________
Send completed application (and such certificates as may be required) to:
Rowayton Arts Center
145 Rowayton Ave.
Rowayton, CT 06853
Office Use Only:
1. Nonprofit ___ Private ___
- Is Certificate of Insurance on file? Yes ___ No ____
3. Total # of hours:______ Total Cost:________ 50% Deposit:_________ Final Payment:________
Approved: ______________ ____________________________________
(Date) (Signature of RAC Official)